Police exams assess the most important cognitive abilities necessary for success in entry-level police officer jobs.
What Is Included in Our Police Practice Packs?
The subjects and sections of your particular state or local police entrance exam are included on the job listing for that specific position. Click here to learn more about question types that commonly appear on the police written exam.
Police Officer Exam Content
To be initially accepted into the police department you must pass the entry-level police officer exam. The exam includes the following subjects:
- Reading Comprehension – These questions assess how well you understand written material. In this section, you are presented with a passage followed by questions that must be answered based on the information presented.
- Grammar & Spelling – This section tests your knowledge of English grammar as well as your ability to spell words correctly.
- Evaluating Conclusions in Light of Known Facts – In this section, you must determine whether a statement follows or doesn't follow the information provided to you.
- Written Expression – These questions require you to properly structure sentences and paragraphs in order to clearly express yourself in writing.
- Following Directions – To solve these questions, you must properly understand general rules and apply them correctly to given situations.
- Memorization – These questions test your ability to remember information, such as pictures, numbers, or words. You are presented with a selection and given five minutes to memorize it, after which the selection is removed and you are asked questions.
Prepare for the Police Exam
Police officer job openings tend to be few and far between. This means there are a lot of candidates for a few select spots, and that competition is stiff. Recruiters rank candidates based on their written exam, interview, etc. To ensure a leg up on the competition, it is essential to practice. JobTestPrep provides you the tools to do so with our entry-level police officer preparation packages. Our packages include both police officer practice tests and study guides. Start practicing now.
Learn More about the Civil Service Preparation Packages
- 2 full length practice tests, 110 questions each
- 59 practice drills, 1200+ questions
- 15 Reading Comprehension drills
- 10 Memory practices - both text and pictures
- 4 Reasoning Skills practice tests
- 3 Problem Solving drills
- 3 Spatial Orientation and Visualization drills
- 2 Deductive Reasoning drills
- Police Situational Judgement test practice
- Extra written communications and math drills
- 8 original study guides
- A complete breakdown of the ideal Law Enforcement profile
- Comprehensive explanations and solving tips for all questions
- Immediate online access, practice 24/7
- Secured payment