> Pre-Employment Personality Tests
Prepare for Pre-Employment Personality Tests
Personality tests are often used by employers during the hiring process. JobTestPrep provides a complete online personality test prep package that teaches you how to prepare for and successfully pass the pre-employment personality test.
What is a Job Personality Test?A job personality test is an assessment used by employers to help them choose the most suitable candidate for a position. The test highlights aspects of one’s character and personality. Personality assessments are mostly based on the five factor model, and they are frequently administered online.
Tips on Taking a Job Personality Test
- Change Your Behavior, Not Your Personality: While most people have various personas and can therefore answer questions on the personality test in various ways, it is vital to portray only your professional persona on the test so that you put your best professional foot forward.
- Right and Wrong Answers: Contrary to what companies would have you believe, a pre-employment personality assessment serves as a tool to help find the person who fulfills the criteria of a specific position. Clearly, then, there are right and wrong answers associated with specific positions.
- How Stress Influences Your Answers: It is normal to feel stressed while taking a pre-employment personality assessment. Stress can manifest itself in several ways, notably carelessness, over-investment in the questions, indecisiveness, and irritating behavior. It is important to recognize and minimize your stress so that you are able to perform optimally on and successfully pass the job personality test.
Different Personality AssessmentsPersonality tests can be divided by how they are classified: by the test assessment company (which markets specific batteries of tests under a brand name); by the position the tests are used for, or by the battery of traits that are tested together (called the test inventory). Below are tables listing different personality tests.
Prepare for Employment Personality TestsOur practice personality test is comprised of four sections. The four sections of the test contain different types of questions:
There is a total of 219 questions. Both the test format and the scales on our practice test are similar to the most common personality tests on the market. Our study guide will help you prepare for any personality test, providing you tips and information on how to succeed as well as how to read instructions.
- Likert Scale (1 to 4, 1 to 7)
- A statement followed by Least/Most
In addition, we also offer a unique complementary study guide that is profession-specific, meaning that if you are applying for a certain position, the guide can help you understand what traits are important for that position.
We offer guides for the following professions: management, administrative, customer service, sales, technical, and many more. Practicing for a personality test will help you learn more about yourself and the traits you possess.
In addition, preparing with our practice materials will not only reduce your fears and boost your confidence ahead of exam day, but it will provide you insight on the traits and scales found on most exams.
MMPI, 16PF, CPI, DISC, NEO, Unicru-Kronos and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with JobTestPrep.
"The theory to the personality test was very useful and provided a perspective that I found helpful."