Hogan Assessment Test Prep - Study Online for your Hogan Test
Learn how JobTestPrep can help you prepare for Hogan assessments.
What is a Hogan Assessment?Hogan Assessments enable your employer to assess your personality in the workplace. The following assessments predict your potential performance based on your strengths, weaknesses, values, and problem solving approaches. Additionally, these assessments measure your personality characteristics, risk of career derailment, core values, and cognitive style. The tests include the HPI, HDS, MVPI, HBRI, and Judgment tests.
Hogan AssessmentsHogan assessment tests are intrinsically related as they each measure a different aspect of one’s personality. Currently, there are five assessments, they are as follows:
HPI -- The Hogan Personality Inventory assessment measures your day-to-day personality, also known as the bright-side. It assesses how you relate to others. Employers will use this assessment to determine how well you work with others, how you lead or follow, and if you are successful in these positions.
HDS -- The Hogan Development Survey, measures your personality during times of stress, also known as dark-side personality. It assesses how you manage relationships and issues in times of crisis. Employers use this assessment to ensure that you are not a risk to their company.
MVPI -- The Hogan Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory assessment measures the motives behind your personality traits. It assesses your values, core goals, drives, and interests so employers can learn about what motivates you and in what job, position, and environment you will be most compatible.
HBRI -- The Hogan Business Reasoning Inventory assessment measures cognitive abilities and skills. It assesses your ability to evaluate data, problem solve, and make decisions. Employers use this assessment to evaluate your problem-solving style.
Judgment -- The Hogan Judgment assessment measures an individual's approach to decision-making, their post-decision reaction, and their response to negative feedback. It also measures verbal and numerical reasoning. Employers use this assessment to evaluate your ability to learn, adapt, and decide.
Together, these assessments form a comprehensive sketch of your full personality.
Back to top
Hogan ReportsHogan Reports, often called Hogan Products (by the Hogan company itself), provide employers with helpful tools and resources that make the hiring process easier. Currently, Hogan has five reports: Hogan Select, Hogan Develop, Hogan Lead, Hogan SafeSystem, and Hogan Team.
- Hogan Select – This product helps employers make informed hiring decisions. It helps employers understand a potential employee's work style, drive, motivation, and behaviors. Being able to see and measure these qualities beforehand saves employers time and money.
- Hogan Develop – This product helps identify key talents that employees might not be able to demonstrate in a "regular" interview. This gives employers a chance to see more than a resume, and employees a chance to assess their strengths and weaknesses.
- Hogan Lead – This product helps employers find leaders amongst candidates. Being able to find strong leaders in a sea of potential employees and resumes saves employers time and money, but also gives future employees a chance to demonstrate their leadership skills.
- Hogan SafeSystem – This product helps improve workplace safety. Hiring employees that care about safety (whether it be workspace safety or the overall safety of the company) will help generate longevity for the company.
- Hogan Team – This product helps employers manage their employees and teams better. By understanding each person's strength and weaknesses employers and companies can create specialized teams to generate the best version of their products.
By providing these services, Hogan is able to help employers. However, by providing practice tests, test information and content, samples, and more, JobTestPrep is able to help future employees.
Online PreparationWhen you are prepared, the Hogan Assessment tests are easier. Understanding elements of the Hogan Assessments in advance enables you to get feedback about how you are portraying yourself through those answers. Your familiarity with elements of the test also builds confidence when taking the test, which results in your best possible test scores.
JobTestPrep's general personality practice test pack will allow you to familiarize yourself with the format of personality tests such as the Hogan HPI, HDS, and MVPI tests, and will guide you in formulating your answers to portray yourself most optimally through the test. Specific Hogan practice tests will be available soon.
Back to top
Hogan Assessments and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with JobTestPrep.
"When I need to take this exam again I will definitely be using your company." (Personality Test)