Supervisory Skills Assessment Test Prep
Making the leap to a supervisory position is great for people who want greater responsibility, a leadership role. If this is your goal, then you will most likely encounter a supervisor assessment test within the first phase of the hiring process. As is the case for all exams, preparing for the assessment exam is essential for a successful testing experience. Available to you is a thorough supervisor skills test preparation program at JobTestPrep.
Supervisor Competency Assessment
There are many different versions of the supervisory skills exam. The purpose of these assessments is to test your ability and willingness to perform the tasks inherent in a supervisory job. You will face questions that measure your comprehension of the principles, behaviors and practices of successful supervisors. The focus is on leadership.
In the field of management testing, a dozen basic competencies are highlighted:
- Planning and Organizing
- Conflict Resolution
- Coaching/Mentoring/Motivating Employees
- Training/Technical Skills
- Behavior – Integrity and other personality traits
- Teamwork – Establishing teams and trust
- Leadership/Decision-Making/Managing Others
Most supervisory assessments are composed of two sections:
Cognitive Ability Test
An aptitude test is an important part of almost all managerial exams. While the cognitive test questions vary from one supervisory assessment to another, this ability exam generally contains four basic parts:
Number-related – arithmetic and numerical reasoning, including numerical data analysis involving percentages, ratios, interest rates, tables, word problems, chart.
Reading Comprehension – passages, each followed by questions focused on an understanding and analysis of the passage
Situational Judgement Test (SJT) – The Supervisory SJT scenarios of daily on-the-job situations, along with questions designed to exhibit and predict your actions and reactions if hired for the supervisory position.
Personality exams are used to determine the candidate whose behavioral traits are best suited for the particular organization as well as for the specific supervisory position. Most managerial personality tests are based on the Big Five Model, comprised of the five primary personality elements: Agreeableness, Emotional Stability, Conscientiousness, Openness and Extroversion.
When taking the personality exam, you can expect to find a myriad of short statements. Every statement carries a series defining the degree to which the statement refers to your attitudes and behaviors. The alternatives range from strongly disagree to strongly agree.
What Do We Offer in Our Prep Pack
Our preparation contains questions in the following areas:
- Supervision – These questions assess your knowledge, behavioral tendencies, and attitudes towards supervisory practices which includes: planning, organizing, and supervising a team of workers.
- Personality Test - We provide a personality profile guide and simulation to allow you to understand how to approach personality tests.
- Reading Comprehension - These questions assess how well you understand written material. In this section, you will be presented with a passage followed by questions that must be answered based on the information presented.
- Vocabulary - Tests your knowledge of vocabulary and the ability to spell words correctly.
- Written Expression - Questions that require you to properly structure sentences and paragraphs in order to clearly express yourself in writing.
- Evaluating Conclusions in Light of Known Facts - In this section you need to determine whether a statement follows or doesn't follow, based on the information provided to you.
- Understanding and Interpreting Tabular Material – These questions test your ability to understand and analyze data presented in tabular form.
- Number Facility - Perform basic arithmetic functions quickly and accurately.
- Mathematical Reasoning - Math word problems in which you will need to figure out and implement the correct method to solve a math problem presented in the form of a story.
- Logical Reasoning - These questions assess you ability to critically analyze information, and to apply logical principles in order to get to conclusions about certain facts and assertions. The questions can be presented in various formats and styles.
JobTestPrep's Supervisor Assessment exam practice pack contains more than 85 practice tests, study guides and detailed explanations for each question. In addition, this Prep Pack includes 2 Personality tests and 5 Supervision SJT tests. Try our complete preparation and attain the Supervisory position that you are seeking for!