The test and preparation package contain questions on the following subjects:
- Following Oral Instructions — These questions assess your ability to comprehend and memorize information presented orally and to execute oral instructions as you listen to them.
- Coding/Decoding Information — These questions assess your ability to properly understand coding guidelines in order to determine the correct code for the given information, or to understand what information can be inferred from a given code.
- Following Directions (Maps) — These questions assess your ability to use maps and to understand where you are in relation to other objects.
- Name and Number Checking — These questions test your attention to detail and your ability to notice small variances between different sets of information.
- Retaining and Comprehending Spoken Information from Calls for Emergency Services — These questions assess your ability to comprehend spoken information from emergency service calls and to retain specific information from them in order to apply emergency service regulations and to dispatch units. Simulated 911 calls are played on this section, following by questions.
- Understanding and Interpreting Written Material — These questions assess how well you understand written material. In this section, you are presented with a passage followed by questions that must be answered based on the information presented.
- Personality Test — This section assesses whether your personality profile demonstrates the personality traits required of a telecommunicator. We provide a personality profile guide and simulation to allow you to understand how to approach personality tests.
- Deductive Reasoning — To solve these questions, you are required to correctly apply general rules to a specific problem.
- Inductive Reasoning — These questions require you to understand a rule by piecing together the different information provided.
- Problem Sensitivity — You are given scenarios for which you must determine when something is likely to go wrong.
- Information Ordering — These questions require you to correctly follow a set of rules in a given order, or to determine the most logical order for a certain procedure.
Prepare for the Dispatcher Exam with JobTestPrep
JobTestPrep provides you with a tailor-made preparation package that includes practice exercises and excellent preparation materials for additional sections on the dispatcher exam. Start preparing today to ensure your success.
- Three coding/decoding information tests
- Two following directions (maps) tests
- Seven name and number checking tests
- Two problem sensitivity tests
- Two deductive reasoning tests
- Two information ordering tests
- Two inductive reasoning tests
- Personality test
- Eight detecting errors tests
- 19 understanding and interpreting written material tests
- Study guides and detailed explanations
- Score reports & solving tips
- Realistic typing test simulations for a variety of texts
- Secured payment
- Exclusive to JobTestPrep
- Money-back guarantee- see terms and conditions