Tips for the PSEE Test of Reasoning
- You won't have intense time pressure, but don't be fooled into thinking that you won't need every second of those 90 minutes! It is important to work carefully and diligently, but just as important to keep moving and to leave the difficult questions for the end.
- Questions are not presented in order of difficulty; if you encounter a challenging question we recommend that you mark the question for review and move on.
- There are no penalties for wrong answers so if you do not know an answer, eliminate as many incorrect answers as possible and guess.
- It should be noted that one of the 26 questions is a pilot question and does not count towards your score. However, since you will not know which question is the pilot question, this information is only relevant in understanding your score results.
Tips for the PSEE Test of Judgement
- The average amount of time you are allotted per question on the Test of Judgement is just under 90 seconds. Like the Test of Reasoning, you will not be under intense time pressure, but you will still need to use every second wisely.
- Solving the questions do not require any calculations, deductions, or deep analytical reasoning. They do however require you to fully understand the dilemma at hand and the potential outcomes of the proposed solution. Therefore, when solving these questions we suggest the following steps:
- Spend 40-45 seconds reading and fully internalizing the situation- think of the ideal solution.
- Spend 30-35 seconds reading and fully understanding the proposed solution. Think about how similar it is to your ideal solution and contemplate the possible outcomes of implementing the proposed solution.
- Mark an answer and move on. Don’t spend too long on any one question. Remember, you want to answer as many correct questions as possible and there may be some very easy questions towards the end. If you are unsure about the answer make a note to yourself to come back to it at the end. If you follow these guidelines, you can complete every question and still have approximately ten minutes remaining to go back and review the harder questions.
Prepare for the PSEE
It is recommended to familiarize yourself with the PSEE exam structure and question types prior to the actual exam in order to build up your confidence for the test day. JobTestPrep will soon be offering practice materials for the PSEE.