If you're going to take the civil service senior typist exam it will include the following subjects:
- Record Keeping - these questions require you to read and interpret information in graphs, tables and other formats to keep records.
- Grammar, Usage, Punctuation -Tests your knowledge of English grammar, vocabulary, and ability to spell words correctly.
- Spelling - Tests your ability to spell words correctly.
- Keyboarding Practices - assesses your skills in preferred practices such as letter format, capitalization, plurals, word division, word and figure style for numbers, and common proofreading marks, in addition to proofreading exercises.
- Office Practices - These questions assess your ability to handle situations you may encounter on your work, as well as knowledge of efficient and effective methods used to accomplish office tasks, and of making procedural decisions and recommendations which contribute to a well-managed office.
- Supervisor SJT - you will be questioned on situational judgment questions as it pertains to the supervisor position which your job entails. JobTestPrep is currently in the process of writing these practice questions.
- Working with Letters and Numbers - these questions test your attention to detail and require you to analyze data down to the letters and numbers of which it is made.
- Alphabetizing/Filing - assesses your ability to file documents in correct alphabetical order.
- Following Directions - to solve these questions you will need to properly understand general rules and apply them correctly to given situations.
Practice with JobTestPrep
In order to succeed it is important to practice. JobTestPrep gives you an advantage over your competition with state-of-the-art practice tools, allowing you to prepare for the civil service senior typist test at any time and on the go. Our preparation pack provides excellent preparation for all of the sections which appear on the civil service Senior Typist test.
- Comparing and Checking tests
- Supervision tests
- Filing and Alphabetizing tests
- Coding tests
- Grammar, Usage, Punctuation tests
- Keyboarding Practices tests
- Realistic typing test simulations for a variety of texts
- Spelling tests
- Record Keeping tests
- Working with Letters & Numbers tests
- Following Instructions Tests
- 25 more numerical and verbal practice tests
- Office Practices tests
- 6 different study guides
- Fully detailed explanations teaching the simplest & quickest methods
- Secured payment
- Exclusive to JobTestPrep