The civil service legal assistant exam will contain the following subjects:
- Record Keeping - these questions require you to read and interpret information in graphs, tables and other formats to keep records.
- Following Directions - to solve these questions you will need to properly understand general rules and apply them correctly to given situations.
- Coding - these questions assess your ability to properly understand coding guidelines in order to determine the correct code for given information, or understand what information can be inferred from a given code.
- Information Ordering - these questions that will require you to correctly follow a set of rules in a given order, or determine the most logical order for a certain procedure.
- Written Expression - these questions that require you to properly structure sentences and paragraphs in order to clearly express yourself in writing.
- Reading Comprehension - these questions assess how well you understand written material. In this section you will be presented with a passage followed by questions that must be answered based on the information presented.
- Arithmetic Facility - asks you to perform basic arithmetic functions quickly and accurately.
- Mathematical Reasoning - math word problems in which you will need to figure out and implement the correct method to solve a math problem presented in the form of a story.
- Applying Written Information - these questions test your ability to understand and apply written rules and regulations in different settings.
- Journal Problems - these questions assess your ability to document specific transactions in the correct journal.
Prepare for the Legal Assistant Exam
When applying for the position of legal assistant you are bound to be one of many applicants. In order to ensure your strong candidacy, it is best to prepare and practice for the legal assistant exam. Prepare with JobTestPrep's preparation package which includes practice tests, study guides, tips, and answer explanations, all aimed at helping you succeed on the exam.
- Tailor-made practice pack with over 1000 questions
- 32 verbal practice tests
- 20 numerical practice tests
- 11 clerical practice tests
- 7 Logical Reasoning tests
- 5 different study guides
- Score reports, detailed explanations & solving tips
- Realistic typing test simulations for a variety of texts
- Secured payment
- Exclusive to JobTestPrep