Pre-Employment Math Test Preparation
A vast number of employers require a pre-employment math test as a key element in the hiring process. JobTestPrep offers a thorough math exam prep program that includes practice tests, question analysis and in-depth testing strategies.
Format of Pre-Employment Math Exams
There is no standard pre-employment math test. The exam may be administered as part of an online job application, at the job site, or during an interview.
The testing timeframe can vary greatly, depending on your prospective employer, and their wants and needs. Your math skills test for employment may take from as little as 20 minutes up to as long as 90. In addition, some math aptitude tests are entirely untimed.
When taking an untimed pre-employment basic math test, answer carefully and without rushing. By contrast, when completing a test that is timed, both speed and accuracy count. This requires appropriate time management. Before beginning a timed exam, quickly calculate the seconds or minutes that can be allocated for each question. You can generally expect the questions to be multiple choice.
Back to top
Content of Employment Math Aptitude Tests
Each job position requires a specific set of skills. If you are applying to be a bank teller, you will likely encounter a basic math test. However, if you are looking to gain employment in the hi-tech world, you will face a more complex math employment test.
Back to top
Bank Teller Math Aptitude Exam
Entry-level loan officers and bank tellers use basic arithmetic in their everyday jobs. In keeping with the fundamental math requirements of these positions, candidates can expect a math aptitude test for employment that is composed of basic math skills including:
If this is the type of job you are seeking, in addition to simple calculation questions, you will also see word problems that involve math within everyday banking situations. A majority of banks and other financial institutions administer an untimed pre-employment math exam.
Studies have shown that applicants who receive high scores on employment math tests outperform other applicants in actual job performance. High scorers are more likely to quickly absorb the mathematical aspects the job entails and therefore are more efficient employees. JobTestPrep’s practice pre-employment math tests provide you with both exam familiarity and an essential math review. Our practice tests are geared toward placing you in the upper range of the employee applicant pool.
Clerical Pre-Employment Math Exams
Clerical assessment tests are comprised of a pre-employment basic math test as well as language and computer software assessment questions.
Employment math tests for clerical jobs, cashiers and entry-level managers consist of questions on the following subjects:
- Basic Math - similar to the arithmetic and math functions found in bank teller and loan officer tests
- Numeric Sequence - discovering the relationship between numbers in a series and then completing the sequence
- Numeric Reasoning - interpretation of data by applicants for managerial positions
The clerical math test not only measures your speed and accuracy in solving arithmetic problems, it also assesses your aptitude for formulating conclusions from specific data. You can expect the test to be timed.
Back to top
What Do We Offer in Our Prep Pack
Our preparation contains questions in the following areas:
- Number Facility - Perform basic arithmetic functions quickly and accurately.
- Mathematical Reasoning - Math word problems in which you will need to figure out and implement the correct method to solve a math problem presented in the form of a story.
- Understanding and Interpreting Tabular Material - These questions test your ability to understand and analyze data presented in tabular form.
- Office Record Keeping - These questions require you to read and interpret information in graphs, tables, and other formats to keep records.
- Conversions - These questions assess your ability to correctly convert units based on given information.
- Algebra - these questions test your basic algebra skills in which you will be required to find missing values.
- Areas & Perimeters – These questions test for the ability to calculate Areas and Perimeters.
JobTestPrep's Pre Employment Math exam practice pack contains more than 45 practice tests, study guides and detailed explanations for each question. We also offer timed tests simulating the actual exam, as well as a step-by-step mode to allowing you to learn and gain a better understanding of the material. In addition, this Prep Pack is available anytime, anywhere. Try our complete preparation and attain the position that you are seeking for!
"I have improved my scores greatly. Your study guides are very helpful and before each test you take I would recommend everyone to go over the guides first. I take this approach for every test and my scores increase everyday."
"I think this was a smart decision to use this site to prep me for my test!!!"