The Secretary II exam tests the following areas:
- Grammar/Usage/Punctuation - tests your knowledge of English grammar, vocabulary, and ability to spell words correctly.
- Keyboarding Practices - tests your knowledge of preferred practices in such areas as letter format, capitalization, hyphenation, plurals, possessives, word division, word and figure style for numbers, and common proofreading marks in addition to proofreading exercises.
- Office Record Keeping - these questions require you to read and interpret information in graphs, tables, and other formats to keep records.
- Office Practices - these questions assess your ability to handle situations which secretaries encounter in their work, as well as a knowledge of efficient and effective methods used to accomplish office tasks, such as planning work flow, setting priorities, dealing effectively with staff, visitors, and callers, filing and retrieving information, safeguarding confidentiality, using office equipment, and making procedural decisions and recommendations which contribute to a well-managed office.
- Spelling - these questions test for the ability to spell words that are used in written business communications.
- Supervision - these questions test for knowledge of the principles and practices employed in planning, organizing, and controlling the activities of a work unit toward predetermined objectives, and is formatted as situational questions including: assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance, maintaining work standards, motivating and developing subordinates, implementing procedural change, increasing efficiency, and dealing with problems of absenteeism, morale, and discipline.
Prepare for the Civil Service Secretary II Exam
The wide array of question types and unique "thinking skills" tested on this exam can be very challenging. This preparation package contains practice tests to help you prepare for the spelling, punctuation, grammar, English usage, office practices, supervision, office record keeping, and keyboarding practices questions. These practice tests will help you brush up on your skills and simulate testing conditions. Start preparing with JobTestPrep today.
- Grammar/Usage/Punctuation tests
- Keyboarding practices exercises
- Realistic typing test simulations for a variety of texts
- Supervision tests
- Office practices tests
- Spelling exercises
- Record Keeping tests
- Reading Comprehension tests
- Fully detailed explanations teaching the simplest & quickest methods
- Secured payment
- Exclusive to JobTestPrep