Nevada Civil Service Jobs
When applying for a job in Nevada you will encounter various kinds of jobs.
- Divisional Promotional – Open only to persons who currently work in the specified Division.
- Departmental Promotional – Open only to persons who currently work in the specified Department.
- Statewide Promotional – Open only to persons who currently work in the classified service of any Department in the executive branch.
- Divisional/Department Promotional – Open only to persons who currently work in the specified Division & Department. If the list is ranked, successful applicants in the specified Division are given priority, followed by Departmental applicants.
- Divisional/Department/Statewide Promotional – Open only to persons who currently work in the classified service of any Department, however the list will be certified in the priority order with Divisional candidates first; followed by Departmental than Statewide ones.
- Open Competitive – Open to all persons. If the list is ranked, names are certified in rank order according to exam scores.
- Divisional/Department/Statewide/Open Competitive – Open to all persons, however the names are certified in the order or priority from divisional candidates first to open competitive applicants at the end.
When applying for any of these types of position you may encounter an exam.
Nevada Civil Service Exams
When applying for a job you may be required to take a written exam. Nevada civil service exams are related to the position. Below is a list of just a few of the exams you may encounter when applying for a job.
- Clerical Support Exam: This exam consists of Office Operations and Practices; Following Written Instructions & Reading Skills; Arithmetic; English Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling; Computer Usage; and Interpersonal & Customer Service Skills.
- Application Evaluation Exam:This exam is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
- Program Officer I Written Exam:This exam consists of Written Communications; Logic and Reasoning; Interpersonal; Work Organization and Bookkeeping and Purchasing.
Prepare for Nevada Civil Service Exams
Jobtestprep provides practice tests and sample questions to prepare you for Nevada civil service exams. By familiarizing yourself with various civil service exams you will enhance your chances of a gaining a higher score on the exam. Start practicing for your civil service exam today.