The Peace Officer exam tests the following 9 areas:
- Memorization - These questions test your ability to to remember information such as pictures, numbers, or words. You will be presented with a selection and given five minutes to memorize it, after which the selection will be removed and you will be asked questions.
- Visualization - These questions test your ability to imagine how an item would look if it is rotated or rearranged.
- Spatial Orientation - These questions assess your abilities to use maps and understand where you are in relation to other objects.
- Written Comprehension - These questions assess how well you understand written material. In this section you will be presented with a passage followed by questions that must be answered based on the information presented.
- Written Expression - These questions require you to properly structure sentences and paragraphs in order to clearly express yourself in writing.
- Inductive Reasoning - These questions will require you to understand a rule by piecing together the different information given.
- Information Ordering - These questions will require you to correctly follow a set of rules in a given order, or determine the most logical order for a certain procedure.
- Problem Sensitivity - You will be given scenarios in which you will need to determine when something is likely going to go wrong.
- Deductive Reasoning - To solve these questions you will be required to correctly apply general rules to a specific problem.
Preparing for the Civil Service Peace Officer Exam
The wide array of question types and unique "thinking skills" tested on this exam can make it very challenging. The best way to prepare for this exam is to familiarize yourself with all of the different question types and practice as much as possible. The practice pack provides excellent practice for every state's exam. Good luck.
Watch to Learn More About the Civil Service Preparation Packs
- 45 Practice tests, including:
- 4 Memory Drills with study guide & useful mnemonics
- 2 Spatial Orientation tests
- 15 Written Comprehension tests
- 11 Written Expression tests
- 5 Visualization tests
- 2 Problem Sensitivity tests
- 2 Information Ordering tests
- 2 Inductive Reasoning tests
- 2 Deductive Reasoning tests
- Fully detailed explanations teaching the simplest & quickest methods
- Immediate Access, Practice 24/7
- Secured payment
- Exclusive to JobTestPrep