The test contains questions in the following areas:
- Vocabulary, Grammar, Usage, and Punctuation - These questions test your knowledge of English grammar, vocabulary, and ability to spell words correctly.
- Comparing & Checking - These questions test your attention to detail and ability to notice small differences between different sets of information.
- Alphabetizing - These questions assess your ability to file documents in correct alphabetical order.
- Numerical Ordering - These questions test your attention to detail and require you to analyze data down to the letters and numbers of which it is made.
- Office Practices - These questions assess your ability to handle situations you may encounter on your work, as well as knowledge of efficient and effective methods used to accomplish office tasks, and of making procedural decisions and recommendations which contribute to a well-managed office.
- Basic Math - For these questions, you must perform basic arithmetic functions quickly and accurately.
- Reading Comprehension - These questions assess how well you understand written material. In this section, you will be presented with a passage followed by questions that must be answered based on the information presented.
- Following Directions - These questions test your ability to understand and apply written rules and regulations in different settings.
- Office Record Keeping - These questions require you to read and interpret information in graphs, tables, and other formats to keep records.
- Interpreting Tables - These questions test your ability to understand and analyze data presented in tabular form.
- Keyboarding Practices - These questions assess your skills in preferred practices such as letter format, capitalization, singular/plural, word division, word and figure style for numbers, and common proofreading marks, in addition to proofreading exercises.
Prepare for the Office Assistant Exam
Our preparation package for the civil service Office Assistant exam includes 91 different practice tests. We provide you with a variety of exercises which are accessible anytime, anywhere. Each question in our preparation package is accompanied with detailed explanations to make your practice easier. Additionally, our package provides excellent practice material for all of the sections which appear on the civil service Office Assistant test. Start preparing and practicing with JobTestPrep today.
- 25 vocabulary, grammar, usage, and punctuation tests
- 15 Comparing & Checking tests
- 3 Alphabetizing tests
- 3 Numerical Ordering tests
- 5 Office Practices tests
- 3 Interpreting Tables tests
- 8 Basic math tests
- 19 Reading comprehension tests
- 5 Following Directions tests
- 5 Office Record Keeping tests
- Study guides
- Score reports, detailed explanations & solving tips
- Exclusive to JobTestPrep