��The New York City Bookkeeper Exam is a multiple choice test that measures necessary bookkeeping skills. The minimum qualifying score for this exam is 70%. Your score will determine your spot on the eligibility list, so the higher you score the higher your chances are of getting hired.
Bookkeeper Test Questions
The test contains questions in the following 7 areas:
- Written Expression - questions that require you to properly structure sentences and paragraphs in order to clearly express yourself in writing.
- Number Facility - perform basic arithmetic functions quickly and accurately.
- Mathematical Reasoning - math word problems in which you will need to figure out and implement the correct method to solve a math problem given in the form of a story.
- Problem Sensitivity - you will be given scenarios in which you will need to determine when something is likely going to go wrong.
- Inductive Reasoning - questions that will require you to understand a rule by piecing together the different information given.
- Deductive Reasoning - to solve these questions you will be required to correctly apply general rules to a specific problem.
- Information Ordering - questions that will require you to correctly follow a set of rules in a given order, or determine the most logical order for a certain procedure.
Prepare for the Bookkeeper Exam
JobTestPrep's exclusive practice pack will help you familiarize yourself with all of the different questions types, and will provide you with sufficient practice to help you increase your score. Each question is accompanied by detailed explanations to help you learn from your mistakes and our useful solving tips and strategies will help you solve questions quicker and with more ease. It should be noted that the scenarios in the questions may vary; however, the logic and solving skills will remain constant across the different question types.
- 15 Written Expression tests
- 2 Problem Sensitivity tests
- 6 Mathematical Reasoning tests
- 7 Number Facility tests
- 2 Deductive Reasoning tests
- 2 Inductive Reasoning tests
- 2 Information Ordering tests
- 10 Accounting Skills tests
- 5 different study guides
- Fully detailed explanations teaching the simplest & quickest methods
- Secured payment
- Exclusive to JobTestPrep