You will encounter the following subjects while taking the bookkeeping exam:
- Written Expression - Questions that require you to properly structure sentences and paragraphs in order to clearly express yourself in writing.
- Mathematical Reasoning - Math word problems in which you will need to figure out and implement the correct method to solve a math problem presented in the form of a story.
- Name and Number Checking - These questions test your attention to detail and ability to notice small differences between different sets of information.
- Problem Sensitivity - You will be given scenarios in which you will need to determine when something is likely going to go wrong.
- Inductive Reasoning - Questions that will require you to understand a rule by piecing together the different information given.
- Deductive Reasoning - To solve these questions you will be required to correctly apply general rules to a specific problem.
- Information Ordering - Questions that will require you to correctly follow a set of rules in a given order, or determine the most logical order for a certain procedure.
- Office Record Keeping - These questions require you to read and interpret information in graphs, tables, and other formats to keep records.
- Number Facility - Perform basic arithmetic functions quickly and accurately.
- Fundamentals of Account Keeping and Bookkeeping - In these questions you'll have to solve basic problems in account keeping and bookkeeping, recognize related professional terms and concept, and simulate the performance elementary transactions.
Prepare with JobTestPrep
JobTestPrep's custom preparation pack's include the bookkeeping practice tests and study guides which you can use in order to prepare for the civil service exam.
- Accounting tests
- Comparing and Checking tests
- Filing and Alphabetizing tests
- Working with Letters & Numbers tests
- Office Record Keeping tests
- 24 Verbal Reasoning tests
- 26 more numerical practice tests - Tables & Graphs, Word-Math Problems, Working with a Calculator, Basic Arithmetic
- 5 different study guides
- Fully detailed explanations teaching the simplest & quickest methods
- Note: this pack may not include all materials for higher level supervisory positions
- Secured payment
- Exclusive to JobTestPrep