The test contains questions in the following areas:
- Writing skills for managers - Questions that require you to properly structure sentences and paragraphs in order to clearly express yourself in writing.
- Understanding and Interpreting Written Materials - These questions assess how well you understand written material. In this section, you will be presented with a passage followed by questions that must be answered based on the information presented.
- Logical Reasoning - These questions assess you ability to critically analyze information, and to apply logical principles in order to get to conclusions about certain facts and assertions. The questions can be presented in various formats and styles.
- Administrative Supervision – This section evaluates your knowledge of the principles and practices involved in directing the activities of a large subordinate staff, including subordinate supervisors.
- Effectively Interacting with Agency Staff and Members of the Public – In this section, you will be assessed for knowledge of techniques used to interact effectively with individuals or community groups and to represent one's agency or program while maintaining good public relations practices.
- Administrative principles for managers - In this section, you will be given situations in which you have to use your knowledge of administrative principles and practices.
- Analyzing Information in Text, Data, Images, or Symbols - This section includes three parts - Evaluating Conclusions in Light of Known Facts, Applying Written Information, and Understanding and Interpreting Tabular Material.
- Evaluating Conclusions in Light of Known Facts - In this section you need to determine whether a statement follows or doesn't follow, based on the information provided to you.
- Applying Written Information - These questions test your ability to understand and apply written rules and regulations in different settings.
- Understanding and Interpreting Tabular Material – These questions test your ability to understand and analyze data presented in tabular form.
Prepare for the Assistant Director Exam
The civil service Assistant Director preparation package has a long license in order to ensure thorough preparation. The practice tests will help you brush up on your skills and simulate test conditions under the time pressure you will encounter. Although our preparation package doesn't include effectively interacting with agency staff and members of the public exercises and administrative principles for managers exercises, it provides excellent practice material for the rest of the sections which appear on the civil service Assistant Director test.
- 7 Logical reasoning tests
- 15 Writing skills for managers tests
- 19 Understanding and interpreting written material tests
- 5 Administrative supervision tests
- 20 Analyzing information in text, data, images, or symbols tests
- Fully detailed explanations teaching the simplest & quickest methods
- Immediate access, practice 24/7
- Secured payment
- Exclusive to JobTestPrep